Monday, January 19, 2009

Too big for the sink?


Not yet. After a long day at The Wonderful Wedding show I came home to find my little girl in not so good spirits. I had been putting off taking her to the Dr as I am not one of those moms who rush their kids in with every cold and sniffle. I realized though on this Saturday evening that this "cold" was not going away. Jayson and I discussed it and decided he would take her down to one of the only walk ins open on a Saturday night. He had her there and back within an hour which I thought was quite amazing. The diagnosis? A sinus infection and an ear infection. Poor girl.

The poor kid was covered in snot and other bodily fluids as well as some dinner that Daddy forgot to wash off and so I gave her a bath. Because I hate bending over the bathtub to bathe her I thought I would see if she still fit in the sink. Well to my delight she fit just fine. She was "happy as a lark" and my back was straight. We had a little play in the "tub" and I think she smiled for the first time that day.

Poor girl.

No comments: