Thursday, January 1, 2009

Not a great start

Today sucked. Other than the fact that I did pretty well with my "diet" I had a pretty crappy day.
I think it was my ex husband who really put a damper on things. I really shouldn't let him ruin my day but I am so tired of him poisoning my kids thoughts about me.
I had all these wonderful family plans for New Years day and nothing happened.
Now, I know the mature thing to do would be to just move on and continue about my day but it was totally spoiled. At least the weekend is right around the corner.
We are going to go to the Forks this weekend with our skates and Matthew's little sled and have some good old family fun!!! I'm totally looking forward to it. I hope the weather cooperates.
I took down all the Christmas decorations and as I was almost done, Jayson proceeds to tell me that Ukrainian Christmas isn't until the 7th! I was almost tempted to put them back up! ;)
I'm not Ukrainian but Jay is and I like the fact that I can keep all those decorations up just a wee bit longer. I was quite sad today as I removed my wreath from the door.
I think next year I will decorate earlier. As long as the actual Christmas tree isn't up before Corey's birthday then I think it is safe.
I want to post some pics in the next couple of days to spice up my blog a little. I looked at it just now and it is a little boring. Of course it doesn't help that I have nothing interesting to say and simply ramble on about nothingness. I am enjoying sitting her typing away though. I've heard some people say it can be therapeutic and perhaps they have a point. I'll just have to figure out interesting things to actually write about.
Well, I am done for this evening. The big kids are in bed reading, and the babies are tucked in with the vacuum running so I guess that means it is time for some relaxation.
Happy New Year again and good night...

No comments: