Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A sign?


A horrible thing happened this morning.... Our microwave is no longer with us. I'm not exactly sure how it happened but I have a sneaky suspicion that a spoon was put in there with the bowl of instant oatmeal.

Now at first I was feeling devastated. I mean how is one to tell the time when there are no big green lights with the numbers staring you down in the darkness of the kitchen? I fretted over heating Jordyn's bottles and cereals, and that is when it hit me!

Is this a sign that we should be getting rid of it anyways? It was something I contemplated before, knowing that it cannot be good for you. I mean for one they basically destroy the food that you are heating up and cause it to lose all nutritional value, microwaved foods cause stomach and intestinal cancerous growths [tumors]. This may explain the rapidly increased rate of colon cancer. Of course there was the big BPA scare as well and well now I'm leery of putting any kind of plastic in the microwave oven.


I don't know if this will be the end of the microwave for us but seeing as how I will at least be without one for the day maybe this will be a good trial.

No comments: