Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Family


So it has been a while since we have had a family picture done of all of us. In fact I'm sorry to say that since Jordyn has come along we don't have one. This summer for sure on my list of things to do. However, these are my beautiful children. Each one of them a blessing and special and loved in their own ways.

Is this my family? Is this it? Are we done? Everyone asks this question all the time. People already think we are crazy for having the amount of children we have. I also get the question on how we afford it? The thing is, you just do. I don't feel we are making huge sacrifices. Our children are in activities, we own a nice home in a nice neighborhood. (well we'll own it in another 22 years) We each have a vehicle, there is plenty of food to go around, etc...

Why should we be done? Who says that you can only have a certain amount of children? Why is it in today's society it is frowned upon to have a big family?

As you can see, I am filled with all these questions. Because of the way our society has dictated what the "average" family should look like I think in my head we are done. However, my heart tells me otherwise.

Ah the lifelong battle between head and heart. If we lived our lives by our heads I'm sure we would all be a bunch of robots running around on auto pilot. If we live by our hearts though where would the order in the world be? To find that balance is the key.

Until I find my balance though we will wait and see what the future holds. So is this the family?

No comments: