I had made a decision a little while back that no matter what, my two school age kids were NOT returning to the school they have been attending. It has been a horrible experience and has been year after year of heartache and drama.
The labels and nonsense that follows is causing far too much stress for one family to deal with. Granted the kids have had some wonderful teachers I think the problem runs deeper than that. I don't even want to blame it on the administration but perhaps the "system" as a whole.
We are fortunate to know a lady who is the vice principle of a great Christian private school where the kids could possibly get a fresh start. She had offered to review our documents and see if they may have space for our children in the fall.
I received a call today that was slightly encouraging but does leave some serious decisions to be made.
Ms. D suggested that K repeat grade 5. Being a private school they are already quite advanced and K does really struggle in her math.
C she was a little less sure about because of the funding he receives for an EA in the classroom. The support is up in 2011 and at that time they need to reapply and hope he gets it.
So, basically we were told to for sure apply for K and we could apply for C but no guarantees for anything.
I guess that is what we will do and see what comes out of it. If not, I suppose we will homeschool for a year or two and maybe then try and introduce them back into the public school system.
On another note, we had the most rain in recorded history in a 24 hour period over the weekend. It was crazy really. I worked a wedding and it was by the far the rainiest wedding I've ever done.
It's February, so, Happy - belated - New Year?
4 months ago