Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hey I tried...




Well I finally got a sewing machine. I had wanted one for a while now and had all these great ideas and projects. It sat in the box basically untouched for the first two weeks as I tried to find a suitable time to set it up and learn how to use the darn thing. When you have a bunch of kids running around it's not always the easiest thing to do.


The fact that I had to read the insruction booklet just to thread the thing made me laugh and feel proud that I was able to do it! I'm not one to read and follow instructions so I felt that I had really accomplished something.


Now the big question was, What in the world was I supposed to sew????


I had been eyeing these adorable little pillowcase dresses that I wanted to attempt for Jordyn but I thought I should do a mock up first. So that was that.


So far that is as far as I've gone and I'm still trying to decide if I should keep the silly thing as I just don't find that I have enough time to really sew or learn how.


Maybe someday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One day when I have time I will show you a few things to help you along....I used to be quite the hobbyist at sewing!