Sunday, June 27, 2010

I think I'm starting to "get it"

Corey has been playing baseball this year. It has been an adventurous season so far with lots of rain and cold weather but here we are in the play-offs. There were days I sat out in my winter coat and mitts in June and other evenings it was so hot we were getting sunburnt.
Two months ago they started practicing in their little red jerseys and gray baseball pants. We have the youngest team in our league so when I say little I really do mean it ;)
It was painful to watch as the kids stumbled around and could barely catch the ball, forget about connecting it with a bat to hit it. Now though it is like watching the big leagues! I am so proud of these boys who have learned so many new skills and are shining out there on that diamond.
Like I said they are in the play offs and next will be the city play offs! I see how parents get all caught up in their kids sporting events. It is so exciting to see them do well and they are so proud of themselves. I hope Corey plays next year now that he is understanding the game and having a good time. I still will not pressure my kids to play and push them to the max but I do think it is important to be involved.
Here are some pics of my guy :)



No comments: