Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Who Do you Blog for?

I have been thinking about this a lot lately. I read a lot of blogs and a lot of the blogs I read are very well read and popular. There are hundreds of comments under each post and the writer is very articulate, funny and usually has something meaningful to say.
I, on the other hand have not much interesting to say. Do not have hundreds of comments and to be totally honest can barely even get a sentence together much less be articulate.
So all this rambling to say that I blog for myself. I like going back to my old posts and seeing what was going on or what kind of crazy rant I was having that particular week. I like looking at my kids pics and realizing how much they have changed and grown.
Sure it is nice to have some readers here and there and get a comment or two about things that may be on my mind. But at the end of the day this is just like a big public diary for myself.
And of course what is a blog post without a photo. Corey got new goggles and of course Matthew just had to try them out :)

2 comments:

MerryPhotoProps said...

I'm like you, I blog for myself. Usually it's so that I remember the moment because if I don't write it down it slips from my mind. I like that other people read my blog so the occasional comment always keeps me going :)

And, you know, if someone wanted to turn my blog into a book and pay me lots of $$$$ that would be okay too ;)

Downtown Mama said...

Another blogger for me! I find that comments and readers keep me motivated to write more. I've always journaled but find it tough to stay motivated to write.