Sunday, September 13, 2009

Poor Corey-Poor Goldie


I never grew up with fish or little pets. My brother though had hampsters and gerbils galore. We had a dog and I remember when she died but it was a dog.
Well poor Corey has experienced his first death.
His fish Goldie has gone to the big fish bowl in the sky.
Corey bought Goldie with his very own money after saving long and hard at the age of 7 years old. He had his own tank and fed him (when he remembered) ;)
Of course out of all the times for this silly fish to die it had to be when Jayson was away for the weekend.
I waited overnight to decide how to handle this death and talk to Corey about it. He wanted to bury it but could not find a good enough shovel. So we discussed it and I put Goldie in the toilet. Corey flushed and that is when he broke down.
I felt so bad for him and just had to give him a hug and hold back my own tears.

No comments: