Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Back to School

Today was the day that most parent's have circled on their calendar. It is bittersweet as today is the day that the kids "get out of my hair" and back into routine. It also means it is that much closer to the end of summer though which is a horrible thought :(
I just realized I forgot to send their kleenex boxes to school with them so I suppose I will send them tomorrow.
Kianne was nonchalant about the first day of school and shot me down when I asked her if she wanted me to walk with her. I guess that is what happens when you go into grade 5 ;)


Corey was excited to ride his bike and see all his friends. The only reason he wanted me to walk with him was so I could help him carry his stuff. I guess in grade 3 it is still acceptable. When I realized that he just wanted to use me as a donkey though I sent him on his way ;)

I am really looking forward to this school year and have high hopes for a great year. Corey has a really good teacher that I know he likes and Kianne's so far seems nice. Unfortunately she will always be the guinea pig with teachers as she is the oldest.
So with the first day being done and only 9 more months to go... here's to a Happy Back to School Day for students, parents and teachers :)

No comments: