Sunday, April 25, 2010

Home

We went to a new church today. We have been "trying" some new Church's to find a place where we all fit. With family of 6 this is not the easiest task however I know it can be done.

As we were sitting at the new church and the kids had gone off to Sunday school the pastor mentioned something I know I totally take for granted. As much as I whine and complain about our city and province and long for something more exotic or intriguing we are extremely lucky. When you look around the world at all the natural disasters occurring it is very rare that we would ever experience such horror. We see the pictures on the news and web and hear the stories but really have no clue and likely never will.

I thank God that we live in such a monotonous city and fair climate where this type of devastation will more than likely never be an issue.

I guess the moral of the story is to be thankful and don't take things for granted. A reminder I often need.



This is a photo I took out in the Whiteshell last year in September and it is another reminder of how lucky we are.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Have you checked out Soul Sanctuary? There are a few larger families there, and it's a fantastic church...we've been attending for about 4 years now (though we miss a lot, b/c being a "larger family" we always seem to have a sick kid!)