Thursday, October 1, 2009

Yelling

I do WAY too much of this. Part of it of course it trying to be heard over the chaos of my kids but much more is related to sheer frustration and anger. There I said it. I have known this for quite some time but to actually admit it is a whole different deal.
I consider myself a little bit if an AP (attachment parent) and yelling all the time just does not fit into the life that I want my kids to experience or myself.
I read something quite a while ago about Non Violent Communication. To be totally honest I didn't give it a whole lot of thought or research but I think I might look into this a little bit.
I am also going to count to 10 every time I want to yell. I mean really the things I am yelling about are far from life or death situations so if I need a 10 second countdown to not yell I think it will be worth it.
Anyway that is my thought today. I want a more peaceful house and it needs to begin with me.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I'm in the same place Kenzie... and it's no fun! It's time to do something about it for sure.